EugeniaLo's Blog



my arms are not mine...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I went indoor sport climbing with my friend Diana and her fiance, Ar Cheung last Friday. The sport involves techniques and strength. I think I have non of them. I got extremely tired after a few trials.

The Sprot Climbing Center is in a factory building in Kwun Tong. The ceiling is not very high, I think it's only 12 feet something. That's why we are not climbing up, but to climb horizontally like a crab bare hands.

This is not easy I must say. Actually indoor sport climbing is not easy for beginners because the skill it requires is against human babitual nature. Fisrtly, we all have an intention to climb up when we are climbing walls. I almost hit the ceiling for a dozen times. Secondly, the sport is mainly about the cooperation of the four limbs. The legs hold the body, the hands grap hold of a new rock and netvigate the body to move on. However, I always used my arms to hold my body, and got exhausted very fast. Ar Cheung said it was human instinct to use the arms for last mintue struggle, but I found myself very dumb. Maybe I should try harder next time.

There are many professionals practicing in the Center. Some of them even represent Hong Kong to play international games. Imagine those professionals can climb easily up-side-down the ceiling as if they are not bounded by gravity. They climbed beautifully like dancers on the rock. Ar Cheung is the best among them, everyone in the Centre respects him.

Sport climbing is really fun, but my arms are so painful the next week. How weak I am.

For those who are interested, please the webpage of GoNature .


2 Responses to “my arms are not mine...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    wow...

    I saw ppl climb rocks before too...

    it looks fun... but after you describe it, hhe I will never try it.

  2. Blogger diana 

    親愛的阿正,

    雖然我不是股東,也很多謝你對go nature的宣傳。否則就少了一個「爬牆」。

    你說到ah cheung 好像大佬那樣,其實他在那班高手當中,只是一般。

    攀石是很困難的,很多個月的努力,可能只不能令你爬多一步,然後你會因為狂操受傷而休戰,結果退步更快。

    之前事忙,在北京又看不到blogspot,第一次看到你的blog。警校的事,我只能說,你還年青,覺得自已只差一關。但有沒有想到,很多人連第一關也過不了?

    所以,對自己要有信心,一年後可以再考嘛,特別是wto和提早滅赤後,多了職位哩。

    p.s.我自已那檔都未有空理,就先來你那兒留個字。算是付足面子吧。

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm EugeniaLo 羅宇正
  • From Hong Kong, Hong Kong
  • I am a person with lots of crazy thoughts. I wanna share them with you guys.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links