EugeniaLo's Blog



Me, the substitute teacher of Wa Ying College


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Day one (28/1)

I had the most extraordinary experience today. You really can’t imagine. I was a teacher today!

I went back to Wa Ying College, my mother school to help today. Some of the English had gone for teaching course and I my job was to look after the students for them.

The first class was 5B. Today was the second last day before study leave for HKCEE. They were busy exchanging contacts and writing notes for each other. None of them did what their teacher had assigned them.

Good God, they are so young.

“When did you graduate?” One of the boys asked me.

“1998 F.5 graduated.”

“That’s a long time ago,” he said. I agreed with him. There is no trace of youth in me anymore.

The afternoon classes were complete chaos. My job was to assigned class work for the students, but there were too excited to listen. They were totally out of control. Did I look too mild or too young?

It was no use to speak of sensible in front of them. However, the least thing I wanted to do was to mess up with kids. I waited for them to shut up and did their work themselves.

It was more relaxing back to the teachers’ office because it’s a world with senses.

When I returned to the solitary of my room, I finally found peace.

Day two (1/3)

Today I was the Chinese teacher.

It was the last school day for the F.5 students. Like yesterday, none of them did the work their teacher assigned them. Instead, they were taking photos and talking happily. I was very surprised that they ALL had digital cameras and uploaded their photos instantly to the desktop computer in the classroom.

I feel like I am the volunteer in the reality show “Faking It”, of course my job was far easier than a real teacher does everyday. Frankly I didn’t enjoy being a teacher.

According to my observation, children nowadays are too clever to obey. Besides, they believe that they have every right to challenge. That’s why sometimes they show no respect to the teachers. Besides, a schoolteacher is not only to read out lecture notes but also to care about the personal growth of the students. This is the really tough part of the job and there is no grantee success.

Let’s pray for our dear teachers.


1 Responses to “Me, the substitute teacher of Wa Ying College”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    yeah...

    these days no one shows respect to the teachers...

    actually they may feel "cool" when they talk back to the teachers.
    (I think I did too... =p)

    anyways... good luck for our kids in the future.

    hope there will be good teachers left 20 years later...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm EugeniaLo 羅宇正
  • From Hong Kong, Hong Kong
  • I am a person with lots of crazy thoughts. I wanna share them with you guys.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links