EugeniaLo's Blog



I'm Back!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Dear Readers and Friends,

Note of Apology

It’s been a very long time since I last updated my blog. Please accept my apology.

Actually when I first established my blog, I decided that I have to write something meaningful no matter not. I won’t report any daily routine in my blog. However, sometimes it is bloody hard to think of something meaningful and organize them into readable passages. Besides, I have a tendency of expressing my discontents through my writings. It’s not a good sign because I don’t want my readers to share my sorrow all the time. Unfortunately, I was a bit depressing for the last few months. Therefore I was reluctant to publish my work publicly.

Of course, this is not really an excuse. I just received an ultimatum from Blue, the Chairlady of Discipline Committee (I formed this committee to keep me working, but it’s not very successful so far) yesterday. She urged me to resume writing. Her attitude reminded me of those endless evaluation forums of St. John’s (one of the residential hall in HKU, to your knowledge). Although I didn’t like to sit those forums at all, I missed those days. It’s always good to have someone to keep an eye on your and give you advice without any selfish motives. (It looks like that I haven’t written anything about St. John’s in my blog so far. There is too much to say. I’ll try to organize my stuff and publish them later)

New Job

After a long vocation, I finally found a job. I am now an editor in Commercial Press. It’s one of the leading publishing companies in Chinese speaking countries. I feel a lot of pressure because my father is in the publishing industry as well. He is well known in the industry because he is a very experienced, capable and respectable publisher. Actually I really don’t have any ambition, but I hate to become a shame of my family. Sadly my working performance is not very good for the past two weeks. I was given six books to edit at the first day I worked. Some of the books are on the top of the priority list and needed to be published next January. I constantly feel very confusing and have no idea what to do next. Partly because I am new to the job and partly because no instruction is given until I do something wrong. I really hate the process of ‘trial and error’ as it is not very cost-effective. Nevertheless, the job nature is interesting. What’s better than someone paying you to read?


0 Responses to “I'm Back!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm EugeniaLo 羅宇正
  • From Hong Kong, Hong Kong
  • I am a person with lots of crazy thoughts. I wanna share them with you guys.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links